Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Brown Eyes are Blue

Right now I'm listening to Crystal Gayle's "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" which was one of my favorites as a kid. I'm relating to a lot of sappy love songs. More specifically the lost love songs. Miss Whitney Houston has way too many songs that I can relate to right now. It's so sad. I used to think in 5th and 6th grade that I related to all of these songs just because my crush Joe Mackey didn't like me as much as I liked him. Young Stacey sang a lot about heartbreak but never really knew what it was like to experience it. 34 year old Stacey laughs at 11 year old Stacey. She's got nothing on me. My heart isn't broken beyond repair but man, is it bruised pretty badly. Mostly because of my own stupidity. I accept some of the blame for this. Falling for someone I have no chance in hell of ever being with is a normal Stacey activity but this time was different. He told me he loved me. He was in love with me. Then things changed. He didn't want to be with me anymore he just wanted to be friends. And no matter how many times he said it would never work out I held out hope that he would come to his senses and realize I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. The joke was on me. I was good enough for sex. Not good enough for love. That was reserved for someone else. So she gets the prize and Stacey is left with nothing. As usual. It's the story of my life. I should be used to it. Yet, I'm not. I thought for once I'd be able to win. When will I win? When will it be my turn to take home the prize? WHEN?

No comments:

Post a Comment