Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Blues

I should be happy. I have a job, I'm healthy and things are getting better for me...and yet I cry daily. Not for a long time. It's usually just short bursts of tears at random points of the day. Sometimes they just happen for no reason, other times something sets me off. A song, a smell, a sight...I think it's the time of the year. It makes us single people feel even more alone. I'd like to be with someone for the Holidays just once.

I have to change the channel every time a Kay Jewelers commercial comes on. I get irrationally angry at them. Every kiss begins with Kay? How about every kick begins with Kay? Ugh. And 'He went to Jared'? Another vomit inducing commercial. I'd like to punch Jared in the gut.

Oh wow there I go again. Crying. So annoying. At least I don't do it in front of people and if I feel like it's going to happen in front of people I calm myself down. I psyche myself out so to speak. I nearly burst into tears on the train last night for no reason. And I almost always cry before I go to bed...alone.

Pathetic.

What is the point of this entry? There is no point. I'm rambling about nonsense. Maybe that's why I'm single ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more regarding the Jared commercials. I may not have the same reasons to be furious with them, but trust me, they do not discriminate when it comes to annoying the hell out of watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just from a 52 year old guy from indiana. About as different as we probably could be, I feel the same way alot, so your not as alone as you might think. Just wanted to cheer you up! - Love your tweets by the way. Now I miss the Yankees because you not tweetin about them. lol Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be happy about someday having that someone that will go to Kay Jewelers or Jared's to get a ring for you. Be happy about that happening sometime. If you knew exactly what day that was going to happen, then would it be as awesome? No. Be happy about it happening, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree - those commercials just suck. Emotional manipulation of the lowest kind, especially around Christmas/Chanukah. All I can tell you is that you're not really alone in how you feel...there are a lot of us out there in the same boat. Soon enough, it'll change - for both of us, I'm hoping. Until it does, at least we have the Yankees to keep our spirits up. Hang in there, OK?

    ReplyDelete