Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A day in the city and other crap....

So I left my house at 11:10 to catch an 11:19 bus to the city which came at 11:26. Typical. It smelled like a urinal. My nose adapted to the smell about 15 minutes into the ride which I guess is good. But seriously, how does a bus WITHOUT a bathroom on it smell like a urinal? I'm afraid to find out.

It seemed like it took forever to get to the city but once I was there I became happy. I miss the hustle and bustle of Manhattan so much. I miss being annoyed at the trains running behind schedule. I just looked around at everyone else who was on the A train with me and soaked it in. It was great. I cannot wait to be able to move back into the city.

The meeting with the head of the placement agency went well. She said she had 3 places in mind for me and she'd let me know by the end of the week. I felt great when I left her office. She seemed very positive which in turn made me positive. (if you keep reading after this entry you will find out that I am not usually a very positive person--I am trying to fix that but its been ingrained in me since birth)

I had time to kill before my therapy appointment so I decided to get a desperately needed haircut. I hadn't gotten my haircut since October. I just took an inch off. I'm trying to grow it out again. I miss my long hair. Although I have to say it's scary when you look at your hair and think, "Wow it's getting so light" then realizing it's not getting lighter, it's getting WHITER. WTF? Suddenly I have tons of gray hair. I used to only have like 12 of them. Now, they're everywhere. I didn't want to have to start regularly dyeing my hair but it looks like I will have to. Oh well. I lasted this long. I'll be 35 in August. I had friends in college who were going gray at 20/21 so I should consider myself lucky. And gray hair on some people is very becoming. There is a lady I sometimes see on Metro North who has very pretty gray hair. Some men look fantastic with it. Me? Not so much. I can't imagine myself with it. At least not yet.

I love shocking my therapist. It's pretty easy to do and I did it today. I love seeing her face when I tell her something "juicy". I've been seeing her for nearly 7 years. And thank God for that. She has seen me through a LOT of ups and downs since 2002.

After therapy I decided to get my nails done. Nothing too crazy just chopped them off and had the girl put a clear coat of polish on. The sweet Asian girl who looked like a dead ringer for Lisa Ling. It was actually weird. She looked so much like her. I tipped her extra because she also waxed my eyebrows for me. I am finding it strange typing with my fingers right now instead of my dragon lady nails. The girl was amazed at how strong my nails are. I wish my hair was as strong as my nails and grew as fast as they do. Oh well. At least I got something going for me.

Let's switch gears totally and discuss the awesomeness that is Nick Swisher. I am so glad the Yankees got him. One, he is hilarious. Two, you can tell he really loves the game of baseball and doesn't just see it as a job. Three, he pitched a scoreless inning last night. How can you not love that? Michael Kay had an issue with it, Jorge Posada had an issue with it and Mike Francesa had an issue with it. All three of them can go piss off. Baseball should be fun. The Yankees were getting their ass handed to them. Swisher was having fun out there. He's not a pitcher. He's a position player. Give him a break. Some people are too uptight. Jesus.

Okay, I am signing off for now. My right wrist is bothering me which isn't a good thing if I get a job and I have to be on a computer all day...oy.

Ha Nick Swisher just hit a HR. BOOYAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment