Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hurt

A year ago tonight I was sitting on a park bench in Boston with someone who at the time was the most special man I had ever met. We just sat there and talked and kissed and talked and kissed for a couple of hours. It was an unseasonably warm night, there were people passing us as we kissed; people playing instruments (we were near Emerson apparently), two girls were putting on a show for us near the wading pool of the Christian Science Park, security cars were driving by. We didn't care. It was the first night we met face to face and yet it felt like we knew each other for years. It ended up being one of the top 5 nights of my life. Actually it's in the Top 3. I've never had a night like that where everything was damn near perfect...of course nothing's ever perfect and it didn't last. And I wish I could say I'm looking back at last year's perfect night with fondness but that would be a lie. I am still hurt and probably will remain this way for a while. I think if things ended more cleanly I'd be okay about it. Maybe in June 2010 I will be able to think about the night in June 2008 when my life changed forever and not cry...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment