Monday, June 15, 2009

Two days in a row!!

Yes, mark down the dates. Stacey left her house two days in a row (Saturday June 13th and Sunday June 14th). Saturday I met up with some friends at a bar in the city to eat, drink and watch the Yankee/Met game. The game was AWFUL but thankfully the company was not. A friend of mine offered his apartment for when I need to get away (and he goes away). Well, I wouldn't be alone, I'd be cat sitting but she's adorable so I'd love to do it. An apartment on the Upper West Side for a weekend? Yes, please.

Then on Sunday I went to the Stadium to see the boys kick Johan Santana's ass. I was not expecting that at all. No one was. But I really was dreading going yesterday morning. I was so afraid after Saturday's game that the Yankees would continue their anemic "hitting" and Johan would shut them down. I could not be more wrong. And boy was I happy to be wrong. It was a beautiful day to boot so that was good. Sunny, warm in the sun, cool in the shade...nearly perfect. It was raining in Rockland when we left for the game so we were very excited to see the sun come out while we were on the train heading to the Stadium.

At first I was angry at how many Met fans were there...and then when the Yankees went up 13-0 I enjoyed it. Heh. Although one of them stopped in front of me as I was walking and said, "Hi." all drawn and trying to be seductive. I laughed him off and walked by. He was kind of cute but I couldn't date a Met fan. No way.

I couldn't date anyone right now. Not while I'm stuck in this house. Ugh.

No, this is a happy entry.

I'm going to the game on Thursday too. I hope the weather cooperates. *crosses fingers*

Okay I need to go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment